Thursday, January 20, 2011

Hide No More

Still tracking like a pro. No matter how painful and last a night and today were painful. Last night, I went to an unnamed restaurant and ordered something I wouldn't normally have ordered. Turns out, the rice was tasteless. The spinach had been in existence a little too long. The shrimp weren't bad so I did eat them but I left the rest of it alone. So sitting there with all my friends watching them eat their greasy, tasty food. I failed but in a sense I won too. I started to pick at my fiancé's food. I may have had some of those "forbidden" foods but instead of retreating and throwing up my hands saying it doesn't matter. I kept an eye on what went in my mouth and found out the points and wrote it down. This morning I had a similar problem. Due to not being a morning person, I missed my breakfast. I had left a banana on my desk yesterday. So I rushed to work thinking I would make it up at lunch. I didn't know that a sales rep who brings "the girls" food every time he comes was going to be at work today. So I walk in and on my desk sat my biggest nightmare, 2 huge trays of multiple and beautiful pastries and muffins. I almost screamed. I did run from the room to retrieve my first cup of coffee. Unfortunately I couldn't hide from my desk all day. I had Work to do. So I went back with my cup in my hand trembling at the prospect. About an hour later if you looked closely, you would have seen crumbs on my shirt and smelled frosting on my breath. I may have eaten a couple of these delectable deserts BUT I wrote them down. And for lunch I had a bowl of melon, pineapple, and grapes. For dinner, I am going to have a bowl of veggies and some lean protein. Thank goodness for weekly point allowances and that sales reps only come four times a year. No more skipping breakfast. Had I eaten breakfast, I don't think that I would have been so weak. The pastries are sitting across the room this afternoon and I have been better, haven't touched them since this morning. Here's to not hiding from my own actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment